Friday, February 05, 2010

Lilly the cat

Well, my wife is at work and my daughter is out with friends. Just me and Lilly the cat, my other daughters 'child', here at the hacienda. I get along with her pretty good, Lilly that is. I type and she watches. I watch TV, and she jumps in my lap to wake me so I don't miss any of the really good parts! I really appreciate that, it proves my heart is strong! Actually, we both take turns nodding off, I just don't scare the wadden' out of her (often). All in all a pretty good relationship I guess. 

That gets me to thinking, why is it that you can call a dog with reasonable success but when you call a cat they give you that 'I'm just going to ignore that because I am way more superior than you will ever hope to be' look. I mean, it's like they couldn't be less interested in what you want! Lilly is good at this and not a bit ashamed to use it. But she is, at least it seems so, a pretty caring creature. She is always checking up on me. Once in a while when I am surfing the web or typing or just playing some mindless game, I will suddenly feel a paw ever so gently placed on my elbow and there she is, staring up at me as though asking "You OK there old fella'?" 

She also misses Sarah, her 'mommy', quite a bit. Several times in the course of the evening she will go to the door and look at it as if she thinks she will show up any second. When she doesn't, it's back to napping or playing with that poor mauled stuffed mouse. I guess she has adapted to life with just us home folks for now. I think she is disappointed that she can't entice much play out of the old guy.

Enough said about that. Don't know why, just felt led to share. Time for Lilly and I to go to bed. More later, night all.

God bless ya real good! (;-))

No comments: